#MenuMonday: Tomato and Feta Dip
Now on to the apps! As the second part of our slow cooker series, this dish is one that is sure to impress. The combination of tomato and feta cheese is comforting and deliciously mouth-watering. It is definitely the dish to cook at your next event and the best part is it only takes 13 minutes of active prep time!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 (28-oz.) can whole plum tomatoes, crushed
- 2 1/2 cups fresh herbs (such as basil, oregano, and flat-leaf parsley)
- 2 (4-oz) packages feta cheese, cubed
- Table salt and black pepper
- Assorted breadsticks or toasted French bread slices
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 6 to 7 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper; sauté 2 minutes. Add tomato paste, and stir for 30 seconds. Pour in wine, stirring until evaporated. Stir in tomatoes and fresh herbs. Pour into a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- Cook 3 hours on HIGH. Remove lid; stir in cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, uncovered, 30 minutes or until cheese begins to soften. Serve with assorted breadsticks or toasted French bread slices.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Total Time: 3 hours, 43 minutes
Original Recipe: Southern Living
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this delectable Tomato and Feta Dip!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!