#MenuMonday: Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
If you love chicken pot pie and a good soup on a chilly night then this is the perfect soup for you. This Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the perfect dish to serve at your next event. With a limited amount of prep time, you will have plenty of time to focus on other things to get ready for your event.
- 2 medium-large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup frozen peas (or 1 can, drained)
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn (or 1 can, drained)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow or white onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon (or 1 chicken bouillon cube)
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3-4 cups heavy cream (see note)
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuit dough
In your slow cooker combine chicken, peas, corn, carrots, celery, potatoes, onions, cream cheese, chicken broth, chicken bouillon, and garlic powder. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. (Chicken should be cooked through and potatoes should be easily pierced with a fork)
About 30 minutes before serving shred chicken with two forks and stir in heavy cream and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake biscuits according to package’s instructions.
Serve bowls of soup topped with a biscuit or two and fresh thyme if desired.
Tips & Tricks
For a thicker soup, 2 cups of heavy cream can be replaced with two cans of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 6 hours, 15 minutes
Original Recipe: Creme De La Crumb
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this mouth-watering Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!