#MenuMonday: The Sparkling Pearl Tropical Cocktail
This dazzling drink is a showstopper. All of your guests will stop and stare at the sparkle that this drink brings to the table and will be starstruck by the delicious taste that such a beautiful drink provides.
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes, plus more for the rim of the glass
- 4 tablespoons royal blue or purple jimmies
- 2 ounces crème de cacao*
- 2 ounces white rum
- 2 ounces dark rum
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) coconut milk, plus more for garnish
- 5-6 cups of ice
- sugar pearls (dragées) for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Sprinkle coconut flakes onto an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet, and toast for 3 to 5 minutes, just until golden. Let cool.
- Combine 4 tablespoons of toasted coconut flakes, jimmies, crème de cacao, rums, and ice in a blender and process until thick and smooth.
- Place the remaining toasted coconut flakes in a shallow dish. Dip the rims of two parfait glasses in coconut milk and swirl them in the dish of toasted coconut to coat.
- Pour cocktails into toasted coconut-rimmed glasses and float a few pearl dragées on top. Serve with a clear straw and watch the pretty bits of sprinkles swirl and ascend up from the bottom of the glass as you sip and enjoy.
Original Recipe: Jackie Alpers
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this dazzling Sparkling Pearl Tropical Cocktail recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!