#MenuMonday: S’mores Dip
Looking for a delicious summertime dish to add to the menu at your cookout this season? This s’mores dip from FiveHeartHome.com is a great dish that everyone is sure to enjoy.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (semi-sweet, milk chocolate, or a combo)
- 15 jumbo marshmallows, halved
- Graham cracker squares
- Adjust rack to center position of oven and place 8-inch cast iron skillet on rack. Preheat oven to 450°F with skillet inside. Once oven is preheated, use a pot holder to remove hot skillet from the oven.
- Place pat of butter in the skillet and use a pot holder to hold the handle and swirl the skillet so that the melted butter coats the bottom and sides.
- Pour chocolate chips in an even layer into the bottom of the skillet. Taking care not to burn your fingers on the sides of the skillet, arrange marshmallow halves over the surface of the chocolate chips, covering the chocolate completely. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until marshmallows are toasted to your preference (watch closely!).
- Use an oven mitt to remove the skillet from the oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with graham cracker squares or sticks. Be careful, be cause the dip (and the skillet) will be very hot!
- Be sure to let the skillet rest for 5 minutes prior to serving so that the residual heat from the skillet can finish melthing the chocolate chips. Some of the chocolate chips may retain their shape, but once you dip a graham cracker into them, they should be fully melted (in the same way that chocolate chips melted in the microwave hold their shape until stirred).
- Adjust the proportions of chocolate and marshmallows to your liking or to the size of the skillet or baking dish that you use, but don’t make the layer of chocolate chips too thick or they may not fully melt.
- You may use whatever type of chocolate or marshmallows you have on hand… finely chopped chocolate, mini chocolate, chips, regular chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, (halved) jumbo marshmallows, etc.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this irresistible s’mores dip!
Check back on https://www.bctent.com/blog/ every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!