#MenuMonday: Watermelon Margaritas
Get ready for the upcoming summer weather with some refreshing watermelon margaritas. This margarita would be the perfect beverage for a Memorial Day cookout or even as a specialty cocktail for a summer wedding! This recipe from AllRecipes.com is sure to impress all of your 21+ guests. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 strips orange zest
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 3/4 cup white tequila
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- salt or sugar for rimming glasses (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 cups crushed ice, or as needed
- Bring 1/2 cup sugar, water and orange zest in a small saucepan to boil, stirring constantly. Simmer until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove simple syrup from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender or food processor. Pulse until pureed.
- Stir watermelon puree into a large pitcher with simple syrup, tequila, and lime juice.
- Place a small amount of salt or sugar into a saucer. Rub edge of margarita glasses with a lime wedge to moisten. Lightly dip the rim of the glass into the saucer to rim the glass; tap off excess salt or sugar.
- Fill rimmed glasses with crushed ice; pour margarita mixture into glasses and garnish with lime wedges to serve.
To make a frozen version: crush 1.5 cups of ice in a high-quality blender. Add watermelon, tequila, lime juice, and simple syrup and blend until smooth.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these refreshing Watermelon Margaritas!
Check back on https://bctent.com/blog/ every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!