#MenuMonday: Grilled Peach and Bacon Salad
This refreshing and flavorful Grilled Peach and Bacon Salad recipe from the Food Network is the perfect starter to kick off any summer time event. It is a unique dish that takes a short time to make and is sure to be enjoyed by all.
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into lardons (1-by-1/4-inch pieces)
- Vegetable oil, for the grill pan
- 4 firm peaches, cut into sixths
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Add the bacon lardons to a cold skillet and heat over medium heat. Cook, stirring until the fat is rendered and bacon is crisp, about 10-12 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Reserve the fat in the pan and keep warm; there should be a little more than 4 tablespoons fat.
- Meanwhile, lightly oil and preheat a cast-iron grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush the peaches with a little of the reserved bacon fat and season with a little black pepper. Grill until fragrant and clear grill marks appear, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the warm bacon fat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, drizzle the dressing over the kale; toss to coat. Taste and season with a little more salt and pepper as needed. Transfer the kale to a serving platter and top with the tomatoes, peaches, pecans and bacon.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this flavorful Grilled Peach and Bacon Salad!
Check back on https://bctent.com/blog/ every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!