Are cheese burgers your go-to barbeque dish? Ever tried a burger with the cheese on the inside? If you have yet to try what is called a “Jucy Lucy” burger you don’t know what you’re missing. Take the Jucy Lucy Burger to the next level with this Mexican take on the oozy, cheesy and ultimately delicious Jucy Lucy Burger.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 10 oz. ground chorizo
- 1 packet (1 oz.) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese, cut into 6 cubes
- 6 slices pepper jack cheese
- 6 burger buns
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- Spray the grill with cooking spray, then preheat to medium-high
- Cook bacon to your liking and set aside
- Place the ground beef and chorizo in a large bowl. Add the taco seasoning and mix with your hands until just evenly combined
- Divide the meat into 6 equal balls
- Place a cube of cheddar cheese in the middle of each ball
- Use your hands to encase the meat around the cheese. Pat until you have covered the cheese completely and have formed a burger patty
- Place the patties on the grill, close the grill and cook undisturbed (do not press down on the patties) until grill marks appear on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes
- Using a spatula, flip the patties and close the grill again, and cook until the grill marks appear on the second side and the patties are cooked through, about 3 to 4 minutes more
- During the last minute of grilling add a slice of pepper jack cheese to each patty
- Place a patty on each bun bottom top with bacon and jalapeños. Add top bun and serve immediately.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Original Recipe: Tablespoon.com
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this these mouth-watering Mexican Jucy Lucy Burgers!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!