Add a tasty twist to your potato salad with this Bacon Potato Salad recipe! Potato salad is already delicious and adding bacon to the mix brings it to the next level of flavor.
- 6 to 8 medium potatoes (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Garnishes: Paprika, celery sticks
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven over medium heat 15 to 18 minutes or until tender. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add bacon, chopped green onions, celery ribs, pimiento, salt and pepper. Stir together mayonnaise and sour cream until blended. Pour over potato mixture, tossing gently to coat. Cover and chill at least one hour. Garnish, if desired.
Tips & Tricks
- Round, white potatoes work best with this recipe.
- To lighten, use mayonnaise and sour cream.
- To make ahead, peel and cut potatoes the night before, cover with water and chill.
Total Time: 1 hour 33 minutes
Original Recipe: MyRecipes.com