Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf
This Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf is a delicious take on a favorite dish! Try this out at your next fall event for a dish that your guests are sure to love.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups shittake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 – 2 1/2 uncooked prepared beef, veal and pork meatloaf
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Melt butter in an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in mushrooms and a pinch of salt; cook and stir until mushrooms begin to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in fresh rosemary. Add flour and stir to coat the mushrooms; cook and stir for about 3 minutes.
- Whisk in beef broth, 1/2 cup at a time, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Turn heat to high and bring the sauce to a simmer. Simmer a few minutes until sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in heavy cream.
- Slide prepared meatloaf into the sauce. Spoon sauce over the top of the meatloaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
- Remove pan from the oven and gently remove meatloaf to a serving platter.
- Skim off any extra fat from the surface of the sauce.
- Bring the sauce to a boil over medium-high heat to reduce until thick, about 5 minutes.
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Original Recipe: AllRecipes
Calories: 324 | Fat: 16.5 g | Carbohydrates: 13.6 g | Protein: 27.9 g | Cholesterol: 139 mg | Sodium: 501 mg
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!