#MenuMonday: Bavarian Pretzels
Celebrate Octoberfest in style! Grab a pint and make these delicious Bavarian Pretzels.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt, or to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, yeast, sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 1 1/3 cup water. Let this mixture stand until bubble begin to form, about 15 minutes. Stir in the salt and gradually stir in the remaining flour until dough can be picked up and kneaded on the counter. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes, adding more flour if needed.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces and let them rest for a few minutes. Roll out one piece at a time into a rope about 15 inches long. Loop and twist into that cool pretzel shape. Set on a baking sheet while you roll out the remaining portions.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Bring the remaining 3 cups of water to a boil and add the baking soda. Remove from the heat. Dip pretzels into the water bath for about 45 seconds, flipping over about halfway through. Place the soaked pretzels on a greased baking sheet. Brush them with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes.
Total Time: 35 minutes
Original Recipe: AllRecipes
Calories: 304 | Fat: 8.4 g | Carbohydrates: 49.2 g | Protein: 7.3 g | Cholesterol: 20 mg | Sodium: 2801 mg
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these savory Bavarian Pretzels!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!