Surprise and impress your guests with a different way to serve potatoes. These Four-Cheese Scalloped potatoes are mouth-wateringly delicious
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for brushing
- ½ clove garlic
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded raclette or comte cheese
- 2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 fresh bay leaves
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Position a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Generously brush a large skillet with butter, then rub with the garlic. Combine the mozzarella, asiago and raclette in a bowl.
- Heat the skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the potatoes, spreading them out. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt, half of the cut-up butter, half of the shredded cheese blend and pepper to taste. Arrange the remaining potatoes on top. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste. Pour the cream over the potatoes, then add the nutmeg and bay leaves; simmer 3 minutes. Dot the potatoes with the remaining cut-up butter.
- Generously brush a shallow baking dish with butter; slide the potatoes into the dish; arrange with a fork, if desired. (If your skillet is ovenproof, you can skip this step and bake the potatoes in the skillet.)
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the parmesan and the remaining shredded cheese blend. Bake until golden, about 25 minutes. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Discard the bay leaves.
Total Time: 50 minutes
Original Recipe: FoodNetwork.com
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these mouth-watering Four-Cheese Scalloped Potatoes!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!