#MenuMonday: Rustic Chicken Pasta
In honor of the first day of spring, we are highlighting a spring-inspired dish that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. This Rustic Chicken Pasta recipe includes the perfect flavors that will remind you that spring is finally here and summer is soon to follow.
- ½ cup Basil, julienned
- 2 cups Asparagus, chopped
- 2 cups Bella mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup Pesto
- 1 box of favorite pasta
- ½ cup marinated Artichoke hearts, Quartered
- 3 cloves of Garlic, Minced
- ½ tablespoon dried Oregano
- 2 pounds’ chicken breast tenders, half inch cubes
- ¼ cup Sundried Tomatoes, julienned
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Rubbed dried sage
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add oil to pan until tilting the pan reveals streaks in the oil. Add chicken and garlic to the pan until chicken begins to brown, approximately 7 to 9 minutes. Add oregano, rubbed sage, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.(excessive stirring will cause chicken to brown slower than expected)
- Turn heat to medium. Use remaining fat in pan to sauté asparagus and mushrooms until the mushrooms begin to brown and asparagus is starting to become tender. Add chicken stock to de-glaze the pan, making sure to scrape bottom of the pan. Allow chicken stock to reduce by half. Add artichoke hearts, a pinch of basil, sun-dried tomatoes and stir constantly for 1 minute or until artichoke hearts are warm. Add chicken back to pan containing asparagus. Warm chicken through.
- Cook pasta per directions on the box. Strain using a colander and return to pan. Add chicken mixture to pasta stir to combine. Add pesto to the mixture and stir to combine. Pour pasta mixture into serving dish. Sprinkle remaining basil over the top as a garnish.
- Serve with freshly grated parmesan.
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Original Recipe: Alex Moon
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this delicious, spring-inspired Rustic Chicken Pasta recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!