#MenuMonday: Pesto Chicken Florentine
This week for #MenuMonday we have a great recipe for pasta fanatics. This Pesto Chicken Florentine recipe from allrecipes.com is sure to be the most popular entree at your next event. This creamy dish is perfect for a buffet at any event from weddings to graduation parties. It is a must-have at your next event as it is creamy and delicious! Your guests will be delighted with your great entree choice.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves- cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 (4.5) ounce package dry Alfredo sauce mix
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon grated Romano cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, sauté for 1 minute; then add chicken and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. When chicken is close to being cooked through (no longer pink inside), add spinach and sauté all together for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Alfredo sauce according to package directions. When finished, stir in 2 tablespoons pesto; set aside.
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Add chicken/spinach mixture to pasta, then stir in pesto/Alfredo sauce. Mix well, top with cheese and serve.
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 55 Minutes
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/16723/pesto-chicken-florentine/?internalSource=hub%20recipe&referringId=17245&referringContentType=recipe%20hub
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this creamy Pesto Chicken Florentine!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.