#MenuMonday: Mini Spinach and Bacon Quiche
Looking for a new tasty appetizer that can easily keep your guests happy while waiting for the main course? Look no further because we have found the perfect recipe! This Mini Spinach and Bacon Quiche recipe from the Food Network is sure to be enjoyed by all of your guests. These appetizers will be devoured quickly but will hit the spot. They’ll be begging you for the recipe so they can try it at home!
6 strips (3 ounces) bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
10 ounces white mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 small shallot, thinly sliced
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups baby spinach
Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
4 large eggs
4 egg large whites
1/4 cup skim milk
1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) grated Fontina cheese
Mixed greens for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat a 12-cup nonstick muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mist a large nonstick skillet with more nonstick cooking spray and put over medium heat. Add the turkey bacon and cook turning frequently until crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and coarsely chop.
- In the same skillet, heat the oil. Add the mushrooms, shallot, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until shallots are soft and the mushrooms are dry and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the baby spinach and nutmeg until the spinach is just wilted, but still bright green, 2 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs, egg whites, milk, and salt and pepper until well combined. Stir in the cheese. Divide the egg mixture evenly between the muffin tins, filling them about halfway. Top evenly with the mushroom and spinach mixture and then the chopped bacon.
- Bake until the quiches are well risen, golden brown and set, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with greens.
Yield: 6 servings
Total Time: 1 hour
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/mini-spinach-and-mushroom-quiche-recipe.html
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this tasty Mini Spinach and Bacon Quiche recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!