#MenuMonday: Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
Peanut butter and chocolate is a combination loved by many. A trifle combining the two is just too good to resist. When you make this Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle, the spotlight will be on this delicious dessert.
- 1 fudge brownie mix (13×9-inch pan size)
- 1 package (10 ounces) peanut butter chips
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) miniature peanut butter cups
- 4 cups cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cartons (8 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; stir in peanut butter chips. Bake in a greased 13 x 9 in. baking pan 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not over bake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into 3/4-in. pieces.
- Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes (mixture will be thick). Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons whipped topping.
- Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.
Serving Size: 1 cup | 680 calories | 38 g fat | 15 g saturated fat | 28 mg cholesterol | 547 mg sodium | 73 g carbohydrate | 54 g sugars | 3 g fiber | 13 g protein
Yield: 20 servings
Total Time: 1 hour + chilling
Original Recipe: Taste of Home
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this decadent Peanut Butter Trifle recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!