#MenuMonday: Creme Brûlée Sugar Cookies
These sweets are irresistible and are the perfect addition to any holiday dessert assortment. The combination of Creme Brûlée and sugar cookies makes for a delicious treat that everyone is sure to love!
For the Cookies
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp. pure vanilla extract
2 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
For the Frosting
1 (8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1/4 c. granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two cookie sheets with parchment. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, then add mixture to wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Dough will be thick.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place tablespoon balls of dough onto parchment-lined cookie sheets. Press down lightly on each cookie to flatten slightly. Bake until edges are just starting to brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool 2 to 3 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Make frosting: Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Put sugar into a small bowl. Spread about a tablespoon of frosting onto tops of each cookie, then press into granulated sugar, coating frosting with sugar.
- Just before serving, use a kitchen torch to caramelize sugar on top, then set aside to cool. Store cookies in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these decadent Creme Brûlée Sugar Cookies!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!