#MenuMonday: Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes
Here’s a treat that’s perfect for your next fall event! This Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcake recipe from tasteofhome.com will be a hit during any Halloween celebration. Not only does it include the great fall flavor, pumpkin but it also looks like one too. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup shortening
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- Whole cloves, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large bowl beat sugar, oil, pumpkin and eggs until well blended.
- In separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Gradually beat flour mixture into pumpkin mixture until well blended.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, combine cornstarch and milk in a small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl cream shortening, butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla if desired. Gradually add cornstarch mixture, beating until smooth.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a 1 inch circle 1 inch deep in the top of each cupcake. Carefully remove tops and set aside.
- Spoon or pipe filling into cupcakes.
- Replace tops. If desired, add a clove “pumpkin stem to the tops.
Yield: About 1-1/2 dozen
Total Time: 55 Minutes + cooling
Original Recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cream-filled-pumpkin-cupcakes
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these festive Cream-Filled Pumpkin Cupcakes!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.