#MenuMonday: Coconut Macaroon Nests
Spring has sprung! Celebrate with these delicious Coconut Macaroon Nests. Not only are they a perfect symbol of symbol of spring but they are a great addition to the Easter dessert table.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (14 ounces) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- 70-90 mini candy eggs
- Begin by preheating your oven to 300 degrees F. Coat the cups in a mini muffin pan with cooking spray and set the pan aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs whites, salt, and sugar to combine. Then, with a fork, mix in the coconut.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of the coconut mixture into each prepared mini muffin cup.
- Lightly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of each cup. (Use your thumb or a wine cork.) Bake for 28 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden on top. (Loosely place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan if the coconut starts to brown too quickly.)
- Let the nests cool in the tins on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Then run a spatula around the edges of the muffin cups to loosen the nests. Carefully lift out the nests and allow them to cool completely.
- With the melted chocolate in a piping bag (or plastic baggie with a corner cut off), pipe a small amount of chocolate into each nest. Add 2 or 3 candy eggs and press them gently to secure.
- Pack and store in an air-tight container.
Yield: 30 servings
Total Time: 45 minutes
Original Recipe: Inspired by Charm
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these yummy and festive Coconut Macaroon Nests!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!