#MenuMonday: Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake
Why serve cake at your wedding if it’s not your favorite? Couples all over the world have eradicated the traditional wedding cake on their wedding day. Why can’t you join them? Try this Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake recipe from allrecipes.com instead! It’s chocolate and cappuccino flavors are delectable. Your guests will be wondering why is the tradition cake and not cheesecake? Be bold, be different and be you on your wedding day.
- 1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 8 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup coffee-flavored liqueur
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
- 1 (1 ounce) square semisweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter one 9 or 10 inch spring form pan.
- Combine the chocolate wafer crumbs, softened butter, 2 tablespoons white sugar, and the cinnamon. Mix well and press mixture into the buttered spring form pan, set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl beat the softened cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup white sugar mixing until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time. Beat at low speed until very smooth.
- Melt the 8 ounces semisweet chocolate with 2 tablespoons whipping cream in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth.
- Add chocolate mixture to cream cheese mixture and blend well. Stir in sour cream, salt, coffee, 1/4 cup coffee liqueur, and vanilla; beat until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Center will be soft but will firm up when chilled. Do not over bake. Leave cake in oven with the heat turned off and the door ajar for 45 minutes. Remove cake from oven and chill for 12 hours. Just before serving top cake with mounds of flavored whipped cream and garnish with chocolate leaves. Yields 16 servings.
- To Make Flavored Whipped Cream: Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form, then beat in confectioner’s sugar and 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur.
- To Make Chocolate Leaves: Melt 1 ounce semisweet chocolate in a pan or bowl set over boiling water, stir until smooth. Brush real non-toxic plant leaves (such as orange leaves) on one side with melted chocolate. Freeze until firm and then peel off leaves. Freeze chocolate leaves until needed.
Yield: 12 servings
Total Time: 4 hours
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/7384/chocolate-cappuccino-cheesecake/?internalSource=recipe%20hub&referringId=17203&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%2025
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this chocolaty Chocolate Cappuccino Cheesecake!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!