#MenuMonday is here again and today we have a great recipe from foodnetwork.com! Bruschetta is a tasty appetizer for any summer occasion. It is an excellent hor d’oeurve for a wedding or for while your guests are socializing at a cookout. It’s colorful, refreshing and simply delicious.
4 tablespoons olive oil
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 pint red grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
16 whole fresh basil leaves, plus more as needed, chiffonade
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 whole baguette or crusty loaf
1 stick butter
- In a small skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and stir, lightly frying for about a minute, removing before the garlic gets too brown (it can be golden). Pour the garlic and oil into a mixing bowl and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the red and yellow tomatoes, balsamic and basil to the bowl. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and then taste and add more basil if needed, and more salt if needed (don’t over salt, though!)
- Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two if you have the time.
- Cut the baguette into diagonal slices to allow for the most surface area possible.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet and grill half the bread on both sides, making sure they’re nice and buttery. Cook until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with the remaining 4 tablespoons butter and the other half of the bread.
- To serve, give the tomato mixture a final stir, and then spoon generously over the slices of bread. Serve on a big platter as a first course or appetizer.
Yield: 12 Servings
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ree-drummond/bruschetta-recipe.html
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed the bruschetta!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe to the right to have our blog articles sent directly to your inbox!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.