#MenuMonday: Brownie Tart
Looking for a treat to surprise your sweetie this Valentine’s Day? This Brownie Tart oozes with chocolatey goodness and is so mouthwatering your sweetie will be looking for seconds after the very first bite! It’s the perfect dessert that shows you put in the effort to make them feel special and they will remember it forever.
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Grease and flour a 9-inch tart pan with removable sides. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Melt the butter in a bowl set over simmering water. Add two cups of the chocolate chips, remove from the heat and stir until the chocolate melts. Set aside to cool completely.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the eggs, sugar, coffee and vanilla on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about three minutes. Stir in the cooled chocolate. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 cup of the chocolate chips. Add walnuts if desired. Fold the flour mixture into the batter until just combined. Pour into the pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the center is puffed (the top may crack). The inside will still be very soft. Cool to room temperature before removing the sides of the tart pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips with the heavy cream and drizzle on the tart.
Yield: 8 servings
Total Time: 55 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/brownie-tart-recipe-2103472
Make sure to let us know if you and your sweetie enjoyed this delicious Brownie Tart!
Check back on https://www.bctent.com/blog/ every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!