#MenuMonday-Berry Patch Pie
This week for #MenuMonday we have a special recipe to share! Since it is Memorial Day we chose a berry patch pie recipe from tasteofhome.com which just so happens to be red, white and blue. The fruity flavor is also perfect for a warm spring or summer day. This dessert is mouthwatering and guests will be asking you for the recipe for this great dish after the first bite! The recipe will be the perfect addition to your Memorial Day festivities. Tasteofhome.com recommends pairing this dessert with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or Riesling
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
2 cups halved fresh strawberries
1-1/2 cups fresh raspberries
1 cup fresh blackberries
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastry. Transfer to a 9-in. pie plate.
- Trim pastry to ½ in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges.
- Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavyduty foil.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil; bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack
- Meanwhile in a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in berries and lemon juice.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil; pour into prepared crust.
- Cool completely on a wire rack
- Optional: Add whipped cream on top
Yield: 8 Servings
Total Time: 30 minutes + Cooling
Original Recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/berry-patch-pie
Just reading the recipe makes us impatient to try it. Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this scrumptious berry patch pie!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe on the right to have our blog articles sent straight to your inbox!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.