#MenuMonday: Herb-and-Potato Chip-Crusted Beef Tenderloin
Want to shake things up at the dinner table this holiday season? Try out this Herb-and-Potato Chip-Crusted Beef Tenderloin recipe from myrecipes.com. Not only is it a delicious dish but it is also different. Surprise and impress your family by serving this at your holiday celebration.
- 1 (4- to 5-lb.) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- 3 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/4 cups crushed, plain kettle-cooked potato chips
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Garnish: fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Sprinkle tenderloin with 2 tsp. salt. Let stand 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté panko, garlic, 1 tsp. pepper, and remaining 1 tsp. salt in 1 Tbsp. hot oil in a skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until deep golden brown. Let cool completely (about 10 minutes). Stir in potato chips and next 4 ingredients.
- Pat tenderloin dry with paper towels, and sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. pepper. Brown beef in remaining 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a roasting pan over medium-high heat until browned on all sides (about 2 to 3 minutes per side). Transfer tenderloin to a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined jelly-roll pan. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread mustard over tenderloin. Press panko mixture onto top and sides.
- Bake at 400° for 40 to 45 minutes or until coating is crisp and a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 130° (rare). Let stand 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For medium-rare, cook tenderloin to 135°; for medium, cook to 150°.
Yield: 6-8 servings
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/potato-chip-crusted-beef-tenderloin
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this delicious Herb-and-Potato Chip-Crusted Beef Tenderloin recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!