#MenuMonday: Flattened Chicken and Grilled Romaine with Parsley Lemon Sauce
#MenuMonday is back again! The week went by so quickly. This week we are bringing you the recipe for flattened chicken and grilled romaine with parsley lemon sauce from countryliving.com. The name of the dish alone, while long, sounds amazing. This flattened chicken would be perfect as an entrée at your next event and will have your guests begging for the recipe.
- 1 (2 ½ to 30 pound) Chicken, backbone removed and chicken flattened
- 4 Cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz. Parmesan, grated (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup Toasted hazelnuts or almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp. Lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. Extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 Romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- To remove a chicken’s backbone, insert kitchen shears in cavity and cut entire length on one side of the backbone. Rotate the chicken 180 degrees, then cut along the other side.
- Preheat grill to medium-high set up for direct and indirect grilling.
- Loosen skin of chicken and spread garlic underneath. Season with salt and pepper. Grill over direct heat, breast-side down, covered, until golden-brown and charred, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Flip and grill over indirect heat, covered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine Parmesan, parsley, hazelnuts, lemon zest and juice, and 3 tablespoons oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Brush romaine with remaining tablespoon oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, over direct heat, turning once, until charred and wilted, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Serve the chicken and romaine topped with the parsley-lemon sauce.
Yield: 4 Servings
Total Time: 55 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a38079/flattened-chicken-and-grilled-romaine-with-parsley-lemon-sauce-recipe/
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed the flattened chicken and grilled romaine with parsley lemon sauce!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe to the right to have our blog articles sent directly to your inbox!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.