#MenuMonday: Rainbow Stuffed French Toast
Do you LOVE breakfast? Why not have breakfast foods at your next event? First of all, it’s less expensive than traditional dinner entrees. Second of all you can create amazing meals such as this Rainbow Stuffed French Toast! Not only is this dish visually appealing but it is also delicious. Another great thing about this dish is that it doesn’t have to be rainbow. If you want to use solely your wedding colors for the fruit then you can. This great #MenuMonday recipe from iambaker.net is sure to make your guests wonder why breakfast isn’t served at every event.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- Fresh Fruit/Jam (3 TBSP each):
- Red- Red Apples, Strawberries
- Yellow-Pineapple, Bananas
- Violet- Grape jelly
- ½ packages Cream Cheese (4 Oz), At Room Temperature
- 2 whole Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- ½ cups Skim Milk
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- Heat skillet or electric griddle to 325 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut french bread into 2-3 inch wide slices. Then, with a paring knife, go back and cut halfway into each slice, in the center, creating a ‘pocket’ that your fruit mixture can be stuffed into.
- In a bowl, place the room temperature cream cheese and three tablespoons of the fruit/jam of your choice to create fruit mixture. Combine well.
- In a separate bowl, break 2 eggs; add cinnamon and milk and combine well.
- Now, take fruit mixture and stuff into the ‘pockets’ of your french bread slices. Place on a baking sheet.
- When done stuffing each piece of bread, completely coat each piece in egg mixture. Make sure all sides are covered. Do all pieces before starting to fry.
- Put two tbsp of butter into a hot skillet and melt completely. Add all of the bread to the skillet and cook roughly about 3-6 minutes on each side, until it reaches a nice golden brown. You want to make sure the cream cheese mixture heats through.
- When done cooking, add any additional fruit, and serve immediately with butter and syrup.
Original Recipe: http://iambaker.net/rainbow-stuffed-french-toast/
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this yummy Rainbow Stuffed French Toast!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.