#MenuMonday: Whole Citrus Margarita
Sit back and relax while watching the Boston Marathon with this Whole Citrus Margarita. Its citrus flavor is refreshing and fruity enough to excite your taste buds. If you’re having an event to celebrate Patriots’ Day this is the perfect drink to serve. This recipe from the Food Network serves 10 people making it easier to make drinks for everyone. Everyone will get the chance to try this delicious drink (as long as they are over the age of 21) plus it’s easy to make!
- 4 navel oranges, cut into 3/4 pieces
- 2 lemons, cut into 3/4 pieces
- 2 limes, cut into 3/4 pieces
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1/4 cup Cointreau
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 1/2 cups good quality tequila (recommended 100% agave)
- 10 cups ice
- Fine salt, for the rims of the glasses
- 10 lime wedges
- Put the oranges, lemons and limes through a juicer. Pour the juice into a large pitcher. Add the sugar and stir to dissolve. Then stir in the Cointreau, Triple Sec and tequila.
- To serve: Pour salt onto a small plate. Run a lime wedge around the top of each glass and dip the glass in the salt. Fill each glass halfway with ice and pour in the juice mixture. Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
Chef’s note: Tangerines, meyer lemons and key limes all have amazing flavor if you can find them.
Yield: 10 servings
Total Time: 15 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/whole-citrus-margaritas-recipe
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this refreshing Whole Citrus Margarita recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!