#MenuMonday: Waffled Brioche French Toast
Mother’s Day is this Sunday. If you are still looking for the perfect item to make for your mother for breakfast in bed or for a brunch to celebrate all the mothers in your family, this Waffled Brioche French Toast may be the answer. It is not your typical breakfast dish as it combines two favorite breakfast items into one. It’s cinnamony and delightful. Everyone will love this breakfast treat so much they will keep coming back for more.
- Oil for the waffle iron
- 4 thick (about 1.25 inches) slices of brioche or white bread
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk, any kind
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Turn on your waffle maker to pre-heat. Spray or brush the inside with some oil.
- In a wide, shallow dish place the egg, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Whisk together well then pour in the milk and whisk in. Dip a slice of brioche into this batter, turning to coat, then place into the waffle iron. Repeat with another slice of brioche then close the waffle iron and leave to cook until golden brown. Remove the cooked French toast to a plate and repeat coating/cooking with the other 2 slices of bread.
- Prepare the coating: In a shallow bowl combine the sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Brush the slices of cooked French toast with melted butter and coat in the cinnamon sugar.
Yield: 4 servings
Original Recipe: https://topwithcinnamon.com/2015/03/waffled-brioche-french-toast.html
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this yummy Waffled Brioche French Toast recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!