This dessert is the perfect finishing touch for summer cookouts! With its delicious berry flavor and cold quality, this is sure to be gone in seconds.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix flour, sugar and butter until crumbly.
- Press two-thirds of the mixture in the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking dish; the remaining crumble will be used for the topping. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool crust completely.
- In large deep bowl, stir together egg whites, sugar (see Cook’s Note), strawberries, and lemon juice. Whip with electric mixer at high speed for 10 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, whip whipping cream until stiff and fold into strawberry mixture. Spread over cooled crust. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Total Time: 1 day, 50 minutes
Calories: 299 | Fat: 18.4 g | Carbohydrates: 32.4 g | Protein: 3.1 g | Cholesterol: 48 mg | Sodium: 73 mg
Original Recipe: AllRecipes.com
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this refreshingly delicious Strawberry Chantilly.
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!