#MenuMonday: Strawberry Caprese Salad
We have decided that each Monday we are going to have #MenuMonday where we share a recipe we have found that would be a great menu item for your event. What better way to start off #MenuMonday than with a tasty, refreshing appetizer? This strawberry caprese salad recipe from myrecipes.com is perfect for any festivities you plan to have for those warm spring and summer days.
3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
8-oz. fresh small mozzarella cheese balls
4 cups halved fresh strawberries
Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil
- Whisk together white balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, brown sugar, salt, and freshly ground pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add olive oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Add 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil and mozzarella cheese balls; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Stir in strawberries; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over fresh arugula or as an appetizer with toasted French bread baguette slices.
- Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
Total Time: 2 hours and 50 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/strawberry-caprese-salad
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this delicious salad!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.