#MenuMonday: Leftover Corned Beef Breakfast Hash
Wondering what you should do with all of the leftover corned beef you will have after Saint Patrick’s Day? Why not make some Leftover Corned Beef Breakfast Hash? It is the perfect dish to make if you are planning to have a brunch or breakfast event. Your guests will be amazed at how well you can cook and will love your dish of choice.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, plus more for cooking the eggs
- 1/2 cup finely diced red or orange bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 4 ounces leftover cooked corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 ounces leftover roasted or braised potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 4 large eggs
- In a nonstick pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook, stirring, until lightly caramelized, about 4 minutes. Add the corned beef and potatoes and cook until the potatoes begin to crisp, about 5 minutes; try not to move the pan to allow the potatoes and meat to brown. Season with salt and pepper. Add the scallions and toss.
- In a separate nonstick pan with some oil, cook the eggs sunny-side up or over easy, depending on your preference. A runny egg is best for this dish so it will be creamy when mixed with the hash.
- Put the hash on a plate and top with the eggs. Garnish with additional scallions.
Yield: 2 servings
Total Time: 20 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/geoffrey-zakarian/leftover-corned-beef-breakfast-hash.html
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this yummy Leftover Corned Beef Breakfast Hash recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!