#MenuMonday: Grilled Pizza with Spinach and Bacon
#MenuMonday is here again and we have a great recipe for you today! This Grilled Pizza with Spinach and Bacon recipe from helpfulhomemade.com is a great addition to any event. This dish can be used as an appetizer or an entrée at your next event. Bacon and spinach work well together so this pizza is sure to be delicious! If you are twenty-one years old or older, this pizza pairs well with the 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red Blend wine.
- Pizza dough
- 5-6 tbsp marinara or pizza sauce
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced (more if desired)
- 1 bag (9 ounces) fresh spinach leaves
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Heat grill to around 500° F. As the grill is heating up, heat a skillet over medium. Add the fresh spinach leaves and allow them to wilt, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes. When the leaves have wilted, remove from heat and drain the leaves on a paper towel. When the leaves have cooled, wring them through another towel to remove any excess moisture. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, stretch/roll the pizza dough to about ¼ inch thick. I like to roll my dough with a sprinkle of cornmeal on the working surface! Place on a baking sheet or other surface to transfer to the grill.
- When the pizza dough is rolled out, carefully slide it directly on to the grill grates (you can spray the grates with a bit of nonstick cooking spray if desired). Close the grill lid and let the dough cook for about 5-6 minutes, until the bottom of the crust is golden and some char lines can be seen.
- Transfer the crust back to your baking sheet, but flip the pizza crust so the bottom that was touching the grates is now facing up.
- On the turned over pizza crust, lightly spread the marinara sauce then top with the sliced mozzarella and spinach leaves. Sprinkle the cooked chopped bacon on top. When this is complete, transfer the pizza back on to the grill. Close the grill lid and cook for an additional 4 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Remove cooked pizza from the grill and on to a baking sheet. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese, slice into pieces, and enjoy!
Original Recipe: http://helpfulhomemade.com/grilled-pizza-spinach-bacon/
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this grilled pizza with spinach and bacon!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe to the right to have our blog articles sent directly to your inbox!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.