#MenuMonday: Balsamic and Rosemary-Marinated Florentine Steak
It’s #MenuMonday! This week we have a recipe for Balsamic and Rosemary-Marinated Florentine Steak from foodandwine.com. This steak would be a great entree for any special event that you have!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped rosemary
- One 3-pound porterhouse steak, about 4 inches thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- In a sturdy resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar with 1/2 cup of the olive oil and the rosemary.
- Add the steak, seal the bag and refrigerate overnight, turning the bag several times.
- Preheat the oven to 425° and bring the steak to room temperature.
- Heat a grill pan.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and season with the salt and pepper. Rub the side with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Grill over moderately high heat until nicely charred on the top and bottom, about 5 minutes per side.Transfer the steak to a rimmed baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the tenderloin (the smaller section) registers 125°. Alternatively, build a fire on one side of a charcoal grill or light a gas grill. Grill the steak over moderate heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the steak to the cool side of the grill, close the lid and cook for 30 minutes longer.
- Transfer the steak to a carving board and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the steak across the grain and serve immediately.
Yield: 4-6 Servings
Total Time: 1 hour
Original Recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/balsamic-and-rosemary-marinated-florentine-steak
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this Balsamic and Rosemary-Marinated Florentine Steak!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe to the right to have our blog articles sent directly to your inbox!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.