#MenuMonday: Layered Blueberry Mango Smoothies
This #MenuMonday we have a great drink recipe for you! This Layered Blueberry Mango Smoothie recipe from gimmedelicious.com is a fruity delight. It is nonalcoholic so the whole family can enjoy the drink. The appearance of the drink would provide great presentation value at a wedding or other formal event. If the bride and groom are less into alcohol but would like to have a special beverage for all to try, this is a great option. It also is a refreshingly cool beverage for a hot summer day.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Begin by making the mango layer.Place the mango, ½ blueberries, ½ banana, ¼ cup yogurt, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and ½ cup ice in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Pour the mango smoothie into two cups, half full. Set aside.
- To make the blueberry layer: Rinse the blender and place the remaining ingredients in the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes or until creamy.
- Divide evenly on top of the mango smoothies.
- To make the swirl, set aside 2 teaspoons of the mango smoothie and place on top of the blueberry smoothie then swirl with a fork.
Yield: 2 Servings
Total Time: 5 minutes
Original Recipe: http://gimmedelicious.com/2016/04/09/layered-blueberry-mango-smoothie/
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this fruity blueberry mango smoothie!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.