#MenuMonday: Hazelnut Hot Cocoa
Sick of the cold winter weather all ready? Warm up with a cup of this delicious Hazelnut Hot Cocoa. This recipe from HGTV is perfect for any occasion. If you’re having a winter wedding, a winter wonderland celebration or you’re just watching the big football game curled up on your comfy couch this drink is the perfect addition! It’s chocolate and hazelnut flavors would leave even the pickiest person wanting more.
Ingredients (for the hot cocoa mix)
- 2 1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
Ingredients (for each jar)
- 2 small plastic pouches or bags
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1 to-go packet of hazelnut spread
- 4 chocolate-covered biscuit sticks
- 1-pint-sized canning jars
- 1 6″ cloth circle
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
1. Place 1/2 cup cocoa mix in 12 pouches. Seal pouches with tape or tie with ribbon.
2. Place 4 chocolate-covered biscuit sticks in 12 pouches. Seal pouches with tape or tie with ribbon.
3. Place 1 cocoa-mix packet, 1 biscuit-stick packet, 1 hazelnut-spread packet and 1 instruction card in each of the 12 jars. Place flat lid on top and cover with cloth circle. Top with ring. Add ribbon around the ring.Making the Hot Cocoa
1. Place cocoa mix in the jar. Add 3/4 of hazelnut spread. Reserve the rest.
2. Add 12 ounces of warm water (or milk). Stir to dissolve completely.
3. Crush 2 biscuit sticks. Set aside.
4. Top with whipped cream and crushed biscuit sticks.
5. Add a swirl of the remaining hazelnut spread. Garnish with remaining biscuit sticks.
Yield: 12 servings
Original Recipe: http://www.hgtv.com/design/make-and-celebrate/handmade/holiday-food-gift-hazelnut-hot-cocoa-recipe
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this warm Hazelnut Hot Cocoa recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!