Glazed Country Ribs
This #MenuMonday we have a great recipe. These glazed country ribs from countryliving.com would be great as an entrée for a summer wedding or for your Memorial Day cookout.
2 medium yellow onions
3 lb. country-style pork ribs
2 clove garlic
3 tbsp. canola oil
4 tsp. grated fresh ginger
¼ c. soy sauce
4 tsp. sherry vinegar
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. Freshly ground pepper
1½ c. red-currant jelly
4 tsp. ketchup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Chop 1 onion into 1-inch pieces.
- Place ribs, chopped onion, and garlic in 9- by 13-inch roasting pan with 1 1/2 cups water.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in oven. Braise until ribs are very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for red-currant glaze, finely chop remaining onion. Heat canola oil in a small pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 6 minutes. Add ginger and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, reserve 1/2 cup for serving alongside ribs and the remaining glaze for brushing on ribs.
- Remove ribs from pan, discard onion and garlic, and drain braising liquid.
- Increase oven to 350 degrees F.
- Return ribs to pan, brush with glaze, and place on middle rack in oven.
- Baste with glaze every 10 minutes for 30 minutes. Serve hot or warm alongside 1/2 cup reserved glaze.
Yield: 6 Servings
Total Time: 4 hours and 25 minutes
Original Recipe: http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/recipes/a2919/glazed-country-ribs-recipe/
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed these delectable glazed country ribs!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!
Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.