#MenuMonday: Cranberry Sangria
For #MenuMonday this week we have a beverage recipe that is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next event. This Cranberry Sangria recipe from allrecipes.com would be the perfect signature drink for a fall or winter wedding with its festive flavors of cranberry and apple. Be sure to try the recipe out and let us know what you think!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 cranberry-flavored tea bags
- 4 slices fresh lemon
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 (750 milliliter) bottles white wine
- 4 apples, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 2 fluid ounces apple brandy
- Place the sugar, tea bags, lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and water into a saucepan, and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and let mixture cool. Strain out and discard the spices, lemon, and tea bags.
- Pour the white wine into a large jar or covered container, and mix with the tea mixture. Stir in apples and cranberries; mix in the apple brandy. Chill in refrigerator 24 to 48 hours. Serve cold.
You can make a kid-friendly version of the drink by using white grape juice instead of wine and ¼ cup of apple juice in place of the brandy.
Yield: 8 servings
Total Time: 1 day, 25 minutes
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/216447/cranberry-sangria/?internalSource=hn_carousel%2003_Cranberry%20Sangria&referringId=77&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&referringPosition=carousel%2003
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this tasty delicious Cranberry Sangria recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!