#MenuMonday: Caramel Apple Cranberry Pie
Looking for the perfect treat to share with your family on Thanksgiving? This Caramel Apple Cranberry Pie recipe from allrecipes.com is the perfect choice! It has all of the flavors that many are craving for the holiday season and your family will be thankful that you made such a tasty treat for them to enjoy.
- 1 pastry for a 9-inch double crust pie
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon white sugar (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Press one of the pie pastries into a 9-inch pie plate; reserve the remaining pastry.
- Pour the lemon juice into a container that is large enough for the apples and fill it halfway with cold water. Peel and slice the apples into the lemon water; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and cornstarch to form a paste. Stir in 2 tablespoons of water along with the vanilla extract, 1/2 cup white sugar, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; bring to a simmer. Drain the apples and add them to the sugar mixture along with the cranberries. Cook and stir 5 minutes; remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour the fruit into the pie plate and press on the top crust. Stir together 1 tablespoon of white sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon; sprinkle over the pie.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue baking until the top crust is golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Original Recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/212706/caramel-apple-cranberry-pie/?internalSource=staff%20pick&referringId=16180&referringContentType=recipe%20hub&clickId=cardslot%208
Make sure to let us know if you enjoyed this delectable Caramel Apple Cranberry Pie recipe!
Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe!