#MenuMonday: Patriotic Boozy Milkshake
Happy Labor Day! We found a great recipe from sheknows.com for #MenuMonday to commemorate the day. Milkshakes are a great treat for the summer and there’s no better unofficial end to the summer than this drink. To celebrate the holiday sit back and relax with a patriotic boozy milkshake.
- 2-1/2 scoops vanilla bean ice cream
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Red and blue food dye
- Strawberry for garnish
- Whipped Cream for garnish
- Combine the ice cream, bourbon, milk and whipped cream in a blender. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- Separate the mixture into three bowls. Add red food dye to one and blue food dye to the other, while leaving one white. Mix well.
- Fill a glass 1/3 full with red-colored milkshake. Place in the freezer for about 10 minutes so it hardens. Top the red with the white mixture and freeze again for 10 minutes. Finally, top the white with the blue mixture and freeze again for 10 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a strawberry.
- Enjoy!Original Recipe: http://www.sheknows.com/food-and-recipes/articles/981869/inaugural-boozy-milkshake-recipeMake sure to let us know if you enjoyed this Patriotic Boozy Milkshake recipe!Check back on www.bctent.com/blog every Monday for a #MenuMonday party food or beverage recipe! You can also subscribe to the right to have our blog articles sent directly to your inbox!Feel free to submit your own recipes for us to share if you have a great recipe in mind for an event! We will share appetizers, meal options, desserts, and of course refreshing beverages.